Another world is not only possible, she is on her way.
On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.Arundhati Roy
Hi, I’m Tracy (she/her). Thanks so much for visiting. My hope is that you will get an idea of how I work by exploring this website. I offer a free 20 minute phone consultation if you have any questions about my approach to counselling.
I know from experience that being seen, heard and believed is central to building a relationship with a counsellor and I am committed to upholding the dignity of every child, youth and adult I work with. I call my services ‘dignity driven’.
Dignity Driven Service Means:
- Knowing you are not ‘broken’ and in need of ‘fixing’.
- Understanding you are the expert of your life and circumstance.
- Following your lead, never pushing or rushing.
- Maximizing your choice in everything that happens in a session.
- Knowing all people resist violence and abuse in many diverse and creative ways.
- Honouring your autonomy and decision-making.
- Supporting a co-created, collaborative experience.
- Holding space where all emotions are welcome.
- Believing laughter and play can support healing.
I am passionate and committed to these principles and I am accountable to you for working in this way.
I believe counselling must be connected to a social justice framework. I am alive to this fact when I am in the presence of suffering. Isolation and loneliness are two of the many harmful outcomes of the way our world is structured. We can feel spiritless. Counselling may offer an experience of being witnessed and provide relief . I also value community, culture and the experience of reconnecting to nature. I will support you, your child and your family to find what is meaningful and supportive.
I wish to respectfully acknowledge with gratitude, that the land I live on and work from is the unceded territories of the Snuneymuxw, Snaw-Naw-As, Stz’uminus and Lyackson Nations.
What I Offer
I believe people are inherently creative and capable and see part of my role as holding hope at times when that may be difficult for you or your child.
Get in Touch
(250) 327 1444
#200-170 Wallace Street